Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Yes! I cook!


Last night I decided that I would help Kit with dinner so I made a Green Ratatouille. I have made it before and knew it would be good. I thought I would share it with all of you. I got the recipe from my Bill Granger: Holidays book (I use this book a lot). 

Here are the in(green)ients *hehe*:
  • celery   
  • green peppers 
  • courgette (or zucchini)
  • white onion
  • green beans (the recipe didn't call for these but I included them because I had them in my fridge)
  • garlic  
  • fresh thyme 
  • olive oil  
 

Look what I found in my green pepper (poor little guy)
 Dice all the ingredients and then chuck them into an oven dish add salt, freshly ground black pepper and your fresh thyme (finely chopped). Cover it with foil and cook for 40 minutes on 200 C.

The recipe says to pan fry the courgettes in the olive oil for about 5 or 6 minutes and then add the onion, garlic, green peppers and celery to them and fry for another 6 or 7 minutes. I did this the first time I made this and thought it was a waste of time so this time I just put the ingredients into the oven for a bit longer so that they could cook.

 We had fish with ours. It was delicious!

1 comment: