Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Green Bean and Pomegranate Salad

I made this salad a while ago for some friends who were coming for a braai (barbeque if you don't speak South African). It was a great hit and it looked so pretty (and Paulie loved that he got some pomegranate pips). I got it out of my Bill Granger: Holiday cooking book. 


Here is the recipe:

350g small green beans, topped but not tailed
1 small red onion
a handful of fresh flat leaf parsley leaves
a handful of fresh mint leaves
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
pomegranate seeds

dressing:
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
1 tablespoon lemon juice
a pinch of caster sugar

I added croutons, because I love them and I left the pomegranate molasses out of the salad because I couldn't find it in the shops. If you want to add croutons like I did, throw the dressing on before you put them on so they don't go soggy.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment